7.10.2010

Making a state-ment

Here's a little something to know about me.  I have a very hard time paying full price for stuff.  I love to shop the sales/clearance racks and I also love to find a good thrift store bargain.  Since we moved into our new home, I have had a difficult time finding cute wall art for my bedroom.  I wanted something inexpensive and meaningful but I couldn't find anything that was within my super thrifty price range.  So. with some creative thinking, here is what I came up with....

My husband (Gabe) and I have moved around quite a bit in the past 6 years of our marriage.  It goes a little like this; Gabe from New Mexico, Tore from California, we lived in Texas as a married couple and a year later decided to packed up and head off to Arizona.  Next, we were off to California, and finally (at least for now), we're back in Texas. 

With that being said, I thought it might be fun to put together a small, framed art wall arrangement.  I found some simple yet inexpensive frames at Target, browsed the computer for images of each state we lived in, and then I copied the images onto some yellow card stock paper that matched the cute flower pillow on my bed.  I got an old book, tore out a few pages, sized them to fit my frames and then added a state on each page.  This project cost me a total of $6!  I told you I love a good bargain and the fact that it represents Gabe and I, and where we come from, makes this little piece even better.  Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment