8.13.2010

Smells pretty

Leather!!! Oh how I love leather. The way it smells, the way it feels, the way it looks...leather is great! I couldn't pass up these scraps while browsing through my favorite leather factory a few weeks ago.

Now, you may be wondering what I plan on making with these leather scraps. Here are a few ideas I have floating around in this creative brain of mine. First, I plan on making a few leather wallets, pretty ones of course and possibly some cute braided bracelets. Then, probably an eye patch. I know what you are thinking....why an eye patch? Well, my dad's retina recently detached, but thank the Lord, he was able to keep his eye and sight after some pretty intense surgery. He requested a cool leather eye patch (side note: I have never made an eye patch before so this will definitely be a challenge) that he could wear for reading. I will be sure to share the results of the manly eye patch with you once I teach myself how to make it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment