10.29.2010

Too early?

A few years ago I made myself a really cute stocking out of green and reddish-orange corduroy and added these cute yarn flowers to the top. It was so cute and I wanted to use it again this year, but the only problem with that was I never made one for Gabe. I am the type of person that likes things to match, so if I was going to use my corduroy stocking this year, I would have to make one for Gabe and Miles. I had this really cool idea in mind; making the boy's stockings look like old man socks. You know those woolly socks with the colored heels and toes that your dad probably wears? Well, that was my goal, BUT there are times that I have these good ideas and they don't always turn out as I imagine them in my head. So, let's just say that I had to come up with something else.

I had bought some charcoal grey felt on clearance about a year ago and never used it. So I pulled out my sewing machine and got to work. Once I made the 3 stockings (one for Miles, of course), I had to decided how I wanted to pretty 'em up. I though about putting our initials on them but when I made the paper cut-out, it was not cool. I also though about stenciling our names on each stocking but I didn't want to have to do all the work in making a stencil for each of our names. I remembered I had these cool alphabet cut-outs that I bought from the craft store that I had never used which worked out perfectly! So there you have it...my totally awesome, husband approved stockings!! Enjoy!





 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Victoria! My name is Abbie, and I'm Monica's co-worker, but I just wanted to say that your crafts are beautiful and I had to comment on this post because I was noticing your fireplace and the books on the mantle! I love the look! it is so cool! And Miles and Maggie are totally adorable :) Keep up your awesomely talented work!

    ReplyDelete