4.10.2011

The Land of Canaan - Part 2

I am one of those people who love to decorate, so trying to come up with something unique and "us" for Canaan's room has been a little challenging but very exciting. This room started off as our guest room/junk collector room that we hardly ever went in. We set up a sofa sleeper, a t.v. with the stand, along with a large mirror and a rug. It has pretty much been a waste of space since we moved here a year ago. The only time we used this room was Halloween night. We didn't want anyone to know we were home so we camped out with our dogs and watches movies all night, which also happened to be the night we found out we were having a baby, pretty crazy!!

Before we knew what we were having, I had some fabulous girl room ideas floating around in my head but never really settled on anything for a boy. Once we were told that Canaan was a boy, I had to scratch all my girl ideas and get to work on some boy ones. I have never really been big on themes so I knew this would be a little harder but totally worth it in the end. At first, I wasn't sure about the paint color in the room and considered changing to the teal color I painted my kitchen, but once I put up my $2.50 handmade curtains, everything started coming together. I will definitely give you all the details once the room is complete, but for now here is part 2 of Canaan's room. I still need to get him a dresser/changing table and some floating shelves to put above the couch but for the most part, I'd say his room is looking might fine. Enjoy!


 

 


A little side note:

Maggie is Gabe's right hand man (or lady). She truly believes that she is Gabe's little helper and any time he works on a project, she is right by his side. Miles on the other hand is a big sissy who runs away when he hears you wrinkle up a piece of paper. We wanted to be sure to include our pooches in the makings of Canaan's room and I know for certain Maggie had a blast. As you can see in the pictures, she is double checking our work to be sure it's ready for her sweet little brother.




2 comments:

  1. Ive been so worried about your puppies since last weekend! I am glad to see that they're fine and right in there helping with Canaan's room:) It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! I love it.

    ReplyDelete